Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Accessories Anyone?

Summer days are dwindling down to a distant memory. Fall will be here before we know it. It will be time to update some seasonal clothing and accessories. I'm really liking the idea of making my own tote bag. This will be a new undertaking for me.

So how can I use the resources available to me?

First of all, Joann Fabric recently added a new sewing class to their September schedule. It is called "Sew Your Own Tote Bag". I am looking closely at this option, though it will cost $55 dollars. Here is the flyer:
    http://joann.shoplocal.com/joannsalesflyer/Default.aspx?action=browsepageflash&storeid=2622304&rapid=1717354&pagenumber=1&prvid=JoAnnStores-120801ED&promotioncode=JoAnnStores-120801ED
If I decide to sign up for the class, I like the idea of people guiding me through the process of making this tote bag from Simplicity 1905:
 
I have peeked at this pattern and envision myself with my own tote bag, one that I will actually use. This pattern is on my WANTED list.
Yet another resource can be Youtube. I came across this excellent video that clearly demonstrates the steps to take in order to make your own purse from DIY Dish:

 The video is very structured, well-organized and easy to understand. When I saw this video, I felt inspired to make this purse. I am sure that there are many other resources out there, but for now these will be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment