Sunday, January 20, 2013

Winter...Too early for a Swimsuit??

I have been searching for a vintage pin up style one piece bathing suit sewing pattern. I have been surfing the net for some swimsuits from the past. Here are some images that inspire whimsical needs:

dolce-vita
This vintage two piece baby doll bathing suit is made with cotton fabric. You can find it here.

 1950's Style Bathing Suit Depew 1001 by Mrs. Depew 
I placed this pattern on my wishlist here. I feel that this particular style and cut is more forgiving to my curvaaaa-cious silhouette.    

 
This is a vintage simplicity pattern 8199 from the 60's.

K3609
Just found this pattern here. This type of design will definitely flatter this hippie chick.

Now you have seen a glimpse of my style preference- a one piece bombshell bathing suit that covers my jiggle...lol.  The actual pattern that I have to jump start my out-of-season garment (still winter) is from Kwik Sew 3779 which is currently out of stock.
K3779

I will resist all temptation to buy another bathing suit pattern for now. I'll show my progress little by little.

Peace out.





No comments:

Post a Comment