Saturday, May 4, 2013

Possible Fitting Solution

Currently on my foldable table, lay the pattern pieces for B5895 as seen here. I have made several fitting adjustments to capture the essence of these close fitting capris with a back zipper. First of all, the model must be as tall as a giraffe, because I have had to shorten the pattern pieces by five inches. Ok, well maybe I'm shorter than I thought. Nonetheless, that change got taken care of. Secondly, I lowered the waistline by an inch and a half simply due to personal preference. During the tissue-fitting, I was able to double check the outer side seams. I would like to achieved the same look, so I am pin-fitting with minimal ease. Thirdly, I had to redraw the "U" shape on the front and back pieces because the lines were sitting too low compared to my curves. This was my first attempt at ever changing the crotch curve. Hopefully, it all works out.

B5895 


Now, for the problem at hand. I would like to get rid of the extra fabric creating ripples under the model's toosh.   During my tissue-fitting, I noticed the same thing. So, I did and image check on Bing to see pictures of other capris with a back zipper. I found this one:


 

Do you see what I see? These capris have princess seams that would probably be unnoticed on darker fabric. Would this be the solution to get rid of the extra fabric hanging under the pompis [another Spanish word for butt]???

To Be Continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment